How to create a boot disk
- Download the appropriate boot disk for the operating system you are trying to repair. Save this file to your desktop.
- Once downloaded, double click on the .exe file you saved to your desktop
- Click OK to the Thank You message
- You are now prompted to insert a floppy disk. This will become the boot disk. If the disk is not empty you will be alerted, and all data on that floppy will be removed and replaced. Click OK
- Once the disk creation process begins you will see a progress indicator. When the progress bar reaches 100% the disk is complete and can be used.
- If the floppy you are trying to use is no longer good you will be presented this message. You will have to use another floppy disk in order to complete the process.
- If you have any explorer windows open (My Computer, A:, Windows Explorer) the disk creation can not take place. Please close all My Computer windows and try again